2016 was a great bookish year for me, and I hope 2017 will be just as good, if not better.
I have a few challenges I will be undertaking in 2017 that I would love to tell you about:
- The Goodreads Challenge – doesn’t everyone do this? I’ve set my goal at 150 – I would rather revise it up than be stressed about it being too high.
- Litsy A – Z Challenge – This was devised by the delightful @BookishMarginlia on Litsy. I’ve posted my list for this one previously, but you can find it here. The idea is to read a book representative of every letter in the alphabet, using title, author or a combination of both. My list is by title and I’ve added an extra level of difficulty by using a ‘diverse’ book for every title in this challenge. Which leads me to the next challenge…
- Diverse Reading Challenge – Naz from Read Diverse Books has laid down a challenge for bloggers to read and review more diverse books and authors. You will be awarded a badge according to your level of participation. Check out the #ReadDiverse2017 tag on Twitter. (My goal is to hit 30 if not more – diverse books are awesome!)
- Australian Women Writers Challenge – This Challenge is to read and review more Aussie women writers. I’ve pledged to read 30 and review 4, though I’m hoping for more than that.
- Reading Around the World Challenge – I’m kick starting my project to read a book from every country in the world. This will take me longer than 12 months (a lot longer!) but I’ve tried to work books from this Challenge into some of the others. You can check out the planning page here and I’ll be updating it over the next few days mainly so I can keep track of books that I have ordered. I’ve found abebooks.com really helpful for this challenge. It’s great to locate second hand or even new books that are hard to find or completely overpriced on amazon or the other usual sites.
- Less of a challenge and more of a thing: Bex from An Armchair by the Sea is hosting a Discworld reread through her blog. I’m going to be hosting the Watch during the month of May!
So there you go. These should keep me pretty busy. Notably absent is the Bookriot Read Harder Challenge, but I feel that, like last year, I will be able to complete most of it by participating in these challenges.
What challenges are you participating in during 2017?