As promised, here are my top 5s for the year so far. Please note, these are top 5 books that I have read in each category, rather than a selection of books published this year. The list of books within the 5s are in no particular order.
- Invible Man – Ralph Ellison
- If We Were Villains – M. L Rio
- Mullumbimby – Melissa Lucashenko
- Stay With Me – Ayobami Adebayo
- Swing Time – Zadie Smith
- Awkward: The Science of Why we are Socially Awkward and Why That’s Awesome – Ty Tashiro
- I Contain Multitudes – Ed Yong
- Our Magnificent Bastard Tongue – John McWhorter
- Kierkegaard: A Single Life – Stephen Backhouse
- The Bad Ass Librarians of Timbuktu – Joshua Hammer
Science Fiction and Fantasy:
- The Broken Earth series – N. K. Jemisin
- Lotus Blue – Cat Sparks
- Angelmaker – Nick Harkaway
- Binti and Binti: Home – Nnedi Okorafor
- Fledgling – Octavia Butler
- The Hate Race – Maxine Beneba Clarke
- Reckoning – Magda Szubanski
- Revolution for Dummies – Bassem Youssef
- In the Darkroom – Susan Faludi
- Brain on Fire – Susannah Cahalan
- Queens of Geek – Jen Wilde
- Dreadnought – April Daniels
- The Hate U Give – Angie Thomas
- Star Touched Queen/Crown of Wishes – Roshani Chokshi
- Everything I Never Told You – Celeste Ng
It turns out I’ve read a heap more memoirs and fiction than usual and a lot less YA and Sci fi/Fantasy. I’m definitely a mood reader.
Have you read any of these? Is there anything totally awesome that should be on my lists?
I would like to read all these fiction books one day!
LikeLiked by 1 person