Hi everyone, today my focus is on prompt 12 for the Aussies Rule Challenge, which is a book by an Aussie of Colour who is an immigrant or refugee.
I haven’t been as successful with my research this time as I was hoping, but here are my suggestions:
- Anh Do The Happiest Refugee (Do also has a delightful series of kids books in his WeirDo series which my nephew, Cooper, highly recommends)
- Deng Adut Song of a War Boy
- Akmal Saleh The Life of Akmal
- Nam Le The Boat
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied Yassmin’s Story
- Yasmin Gooneratne A Change of Skies (and others)
- Sulari Gentill Rowland Sinclair series plus others (Thanks to Bron for bringing Gentill to my attention)
- Lee Lin Chin Iced Beer And Other Tantalising Tips For Life
- Saroo Brierley Lion
Do you have any other suggestions for this list? I’m keen to hear them if you do.
In celebration is Australia Day/Invasion Day I’m going to be finishing this beauty by new author Claire G. Coleman. I’m really enjoying it.
Also don’t forget the 24 in 48 Readathon starts tomorrow! My snacks, books and I are ready to roll!
Peace out folks.