Hello folks, welcome to my favourite time of year. I don’t have a Halloween stack happening this weekend as I have too many books to finish for challenges! Are you seasonally reading?
Anyhoo, this is a #BookishBloggersUnite post, the tag that was put together so a group of friends can blog about books together. Given the time of year we thought a Halloween tag might be fun!
I believe this book tag came from Michelle at Book Adventures (the site has been deleted so I can’t link to it.) I took this version from Booklovers Blog. So let’s dive right in.
1. Favourite Scary must read for Halloween.
I’m not terribly good with horror or even things that are mildly scary because I’m a big wuss. I read Birdbox last Halloween and that was terrifying. I read Into the Drowning Deep from Mira Grant more recently and that gave me nightmares!
2. Scariest book cover, like ever …
Not sure if it’s the scariest book cover ever, but the cover for From the Wreck by Jane Rawson is creepy AF (just like the book!) She was nominated for the Stella Prize and the Aurealis award for this one this year so you should totally check it out.
3. If you could pick any author to go trick or treating with, who would you pick?
I’m not sure if either of these two are into Halloween, but Maxine Beneba Clarke would absolutely get the best sweets and be sassy whilst doing it. Add Benjamin Law to the party and I think it would be a fabulous evening!
4. If you could dress up as any bookish character for Halloween, who would you be?
Granny Weatherwax from the Discworld books. Should I have the misfortune to grow up, I hope I can be like her.
5. If you could find anything from any book in your trick or treat stash, what would you hope to find?
That’s easy and gives you another awesome Josh Kirby cover to look at. – the Luggage from the Discworld books! Not only does it follow you like a dog and protect you from people who wish you harm, but if you put your dirty laundry in to it, it will come out of it clean, pressed and smelling faintly of lavender.
6. In what fictional world would you like to go trick or treating?
The world of Confection from the Wayward Children series sounds terrifying, but tasty.
7. What book villain would you not like to meet alone in a dark alley on Halloween.
I’m going to say a generic “zombies” as an answer to this question, because I would totally be like these two idiots and not realise what it was. (If you haven’t watched Shaun of the Dead, you should stop whatever you are doing and remedy that immediately.)
8. Would you rather dress up as a vampire, zombie, werewolf or shadow hunter?
Zombie! Nothing like squirting fake blood everywhere.
9. Pick one candy from Harry Potter that you would like to find in your stash.
Would now be the time to mention I’m not a Harry Potter fan? I think there were some chocolate frogs that were cool?
10. What is your favourite Halloween candy?
There’s a particular brand of candy body parts that is available here at Halloween. I don’t necessarily eat it, but I love feeding it to others and watch them be initially grossed out.
So happy Halloween everyone! As usual if you would like to play along submit your tab to the linky!