I spotted this book tag on Reading in the Garden and we thought it would be a good excuse to the the #BooksihBloggersUnite band back together. The Bookish Bloggers Unite tag was set up by a bunch of friends who wanted to read and blog about books together!
This one is essentially a book treasure hunt. The original rules contain a couple of bits about timing yourself, but I’m going to leave those out. So let’s dive right in and please forgive my quick and dirty photography.
1. Do you have a book with deckled edges?
It also has French flaps!
2. Do you have a book with 3 or more people on the cover?
3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
5. Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
This one is an anomaly in my collection. I’m not a Star Wars fan. I do love E.K. Johnston however!
6. Do you have a Mass Market Paperback book?
You bet. Although the Mass Market paperback isn’t a readily available format here in Australia.
7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
Are you a Seanan fan or a Mira fan? I will happily read anything she produces.
8. Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
9. Do you have a book with 2 maps in it?
This is the first map from Godsgrave. Jay Kristoff always gives good map.
10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
11. Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (Celebrity/athlete/politician/tv personality)
Tony Martin is a comedian and was part of the comedy show The D-Generation hosted a radio show with Mick Molloy, and has been involved in movies like Crackerjack and The Castle.
12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
This one is a no!
13. Do you have a poetry book?
14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
This also has all my tabs still in it!
15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
Another no! However, TD is pretty close to SD right?
(This one is just out in the US and you should totally get your hands on it if you haven’t already. It’s freaking brilliant.)
16. Do you have a book of short stories?
N.K Jemisin is amazing. Just saying.
17. Do you have a book that is between 500 and 510 pages long?
No! This is the closest at 519 pages. (Alexis Wright – also amazing).
18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
Any opportunity to show off this vintage cover.
19. Do you have a graphic novel?
20. Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
And that’s me!
Have you read any of these or are they new to you? Let me know if you decide to do this tag, I’d love to see your responses!