Hi folks! Those of you in the Northern Hemisphere are having snow days and hoping not to freeze into a big lump of ice, but down here in Australia things are heating up. I found this cute booktag on The Bookworm Dreamer’s Blog and thought I’d give it a go!
Rules for the tag are:
- Link back to the original creator (The Bookworm Dreamer)
- Tell us what your favourite season and why it isn’t summer
- tag some friend (I’m going to miss this one)
My favourite season is essentially anything that isn’t summer. Autumn and spring are lovely, the sky is a beautiful blue and cloudless. Winter is also cool enough to be cozy but not actually cold. A nice winter day in Brissie is similar to a warm summer day in London.
1. Don’t stop! A book you couldn’t stop reading.
I loved Foreign Soil by Maxine Beneba Clarke. It is full of diverse characters and experiences.
2. You’re a cheetah – a book you read in just one day.
I’m Not Dying with You Tonight was gripping and fast paced!
3. Couldn’t let go – a book you reread straight away.
4. Calm it down – a book that got your heart racing.
I am old enough to remember the Chernobyl disaster when it happened and it was utterly terrifying even though we were so far away. Reading these accounts of what happened was both heart breaking and fascinating.
5. Second best – a second book you liked better than the first.
This is one series I don’t see talked about enough. The Machineries of Empire series by Yoon Ha Lee is freaking brilliant, and the second book was absolutely amazing. Get your hands on it!
6. Books on fire – a series you read straight through.
It’s pretty rare for me to read a series straight through, as usually I get into them when only the first book is out. However I discovered this trilogy by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner at the right time. It’s a great series well and truly worth devouring.
7. Midnight madness – a book that kept you up late.
And that’s it! Let me know if you decide to give this tag a go.