Happy Friday party people!
I spotted this meme over at the lovely Star’s blog so I thought I would give it a shot.
How to participate in this meme:
- Credit the creator and link back to their blog (Nomadic Worlds).
- Answer the questions to the best of your ability.
- Enjoy yourself!
- Feature your latest book obsession (doesn’t have to be your current read)
- Indicate which books you are looking forward to reading this weekend
- Favourite quote of the week/day
- Five things you’re happy or grateful for this week.
F – Latest Book Obsession: This is a tough one, but probably the whole science fiction genre. I love sci-fi and haven’t read enough of it this year. Participating in the Queer in Space Readathon has reminded me of how much I love anything in space, but queer folks in space definitely make me incredibly happy.
I – Indicate which book you’re reading this weekend: I do love sci-fi, but I also love Sarah Knight, and I picked up her new book today. I think I will read it tomorrow! I just love her sweary no nonsense approach to self help.
F – Favourite Quote of the week: I have two for you.
“Apple hacked capitalism” – from The Age of Surveillance Capitalism by Shoshanna Zuboff
“English spelling is a tragic accident that steers us away from what is happening in our own mouths” – from Words on the Move by John McWhorter.
F – Five things you are grateful for:
- Modern medicine – I wouldn’t be here without it.
- My kid – I have been somewhat incapacitated this week, and she has been amazing helping me with all the stuff I haven’t been able to do on my own.
- My sister – who was also completely great and helped me out while I couldn’t drive.
- Air conditioning – between the smoke and the heat, life would have been very difficult without it.
- Books – without books I would have struggled a lot this week!
How has your week been? What are you up to this weekend?
I totally forgot to add photos to my post! Oops. I’ll remember that for next time!
I’m so glad you have your daughter to help you out. I hope you survive the heat, the dust, and the smoke. It’s pretty horrendous out there, hey?
And I’m always grateful for books, too! 💜
Thanks, friend, same to you! There is a fresh pall of smoke descending on us right now but I know it’s nothing compared to what’s happening in NSW. 💜