Hi folks and happy Friday. I am thinking I will use this as a regular Friday meme.
How to participate:
- Credit the creator and link back to them (Nomadic Worlds).
- Answer the questions to the best of your ability.
- Enjoy yourself.
- Feature your latest book obsession (doesn’t have to be your current read)
- Indicate which books you are looking forward to reading over the weekend
- Favourite quote of the day/weeek
- Five things you are happy or grateful for this week.
F – Latest book obsession: At the moment I’m pretty obsessed with J.Y Yang’s Tensorate series. I have been meaning to read them and now seems like a good time. Plus with flying monsters, people who can shift space and a queer cast, they are pretty awesome.
I – Indicate which book you’re reading this weekend: I will be finishing off this series and then trying to finish Last of Her Name which seems to be a space opera retelling of the Anastasia myth – always fun.
F – Favourite Quote for the week:
“You’re not going to release that are you?” Elton John to his manager, about the single Bohemian Rhapsody. I listened to the audiobook of Elton John’s memoir yesterday, which was just delightful.
F – Five things you are grateful for/happy about:
- My family – we had a delightful Christmas get together and it was really nice to spend time with them
- Public holidays – how good are public holidays? How delightful to have a couple of days off midweek!
- My kindle – I don’t use it a lot, but it does come in handy for things that are difficult to get in print.
- Rain and cooler weather – here in Brissie we’ve had some regular rain and cooler weather since Christmas Eve, which has been desperately needed. This has been great for us here in the south east corner. I can only hope that everywhere else that needs rain gets it soon.
- The Rural Firefighting Service – these folks have been working their backsides off across the country for weeks now. They do an amazing job.