Hi folks and welcome to another Friday! The first one for this year! I hope you’ve had a good week and are ready for the weekend.
How to participate in F is for Friday:
- Credit the creator (Nomadic Worlds) and link back to them.
- Answer the questions to the best of your ability.
- Enjoy yourself!
- Feature your latest book obsession (doesn’t need to be your current read).
- Indicate which books you are looking forward to reading over the weekend.
- Favourite quote of the day/week.
- Five things you are happy or grateful for this week.
F – latest bookish obsession. I spent a good swathe of time writing all my bookish challenges into a cute notebook and decorating it with stickers and washi. I am pretty obsessed with this at the moment and I am thinking I will start to do one of these every year.
I – books you are looking forward to reading. It could be anything at this point. I have started both Mateship with Birds and The Surprising Power of a Good Dumpling but I may want to listen to an audiobook and crochet for a portion of this weekend (I need to make baby blankets!)
Favourite quote – This is from 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari which has been my first read of the year.
In this, humans are similar to other domesticated animals. We have bred docile cows that produce enormous amounts of milk but are otherwise inferior to their wild counterparts. They are less agile, less curious and less resourceful. We are now creating tame humans that produce enormous amounts of data and function as very efficient chips in a huge data mechanism.
Five things I am grateful for or happy about:
- I’m so glad I only had to work 2 days this week and it’s now the weekend.
- I’m so very grateful for my online book coven who are such a great and supportive bunch of people.
- I am grateful that my home and family are safe, unlike so many others in the country right now.
- I am grateful for all the firefighters, animal carers and other responders who are helping in the emergency.
- I’m grateful to everyone who is donating (especially given the government still seems to have no clue what to do).
The bush fire emergency in the southern states is bloody awful. If you would like to contribute, the ABC has some great ideas as to how and who you can help.
I hope you have a happy and safe weekend.
I so do need to read The Surprising Power of a Good Dumpling!
Yesss, our firefighters are the real heroes of this country. They’re so incredible, each and every single one of them.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Sue! 💜
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Star, you as well!