How is 2018 treating you? It’s Bookfest time here in Brisbane, so we headed in yesterday. As always, so many books in one place made me pretty happy. Look at all this bookish goodness!
Anyway, I’m going to skip to prompt 4 today which is a mystery or thriller by a female writer. Here are some suggestions!
- Emma Viskic Resurrection Bay and Then Fire Came Down (Vic)
- Jane Harper The Dry and Force of Nature (Vic)
- Sarah Schmidt See What I Have Done
- Kerry Greenwood’s Phryne Fischer books (Vic)
- Jennifer Rowe – I had no idea that Emily Rodda was a pseudonym for crime writer Jennifer Rowe! (NSW)
- Emily Macguire An Isolated Incident (Vic)
- Nicole Watson The Boundary (Qld)
- P.M. Newton The Old School, Beams Falling (NSW)
- Candice Fox Archer and Bennett and Crimson Lake series (NSW)
I’ve only read a few of these (Emma Viskic, Emily Maguire and Nicole Watson) But most of the others have been on my TBR for a while – with the exception of Jennifer Rowe who I stumbled across by accident.
If you are wanting further Aussie crime writing, I would strongly recommend you check out the Ned Kelly Awards (Jane Harper won in 2017 and Emma Viskic in 2016 for best first fiction. Candice Fox has also taken out a couple) for further authors.
What are you planning to read for this prompt? Have you read any of my suggestions?